FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Reaching for your Goals!

Today at school, I'm teaching my students about goals-both long term and short term goals. It really got me thinking about my own. Yes, I do have goals in my head that I would like to reach someday, but if I require my students to write theirs down and put them somewhere they see it on a daily basis, shouldn't I do the same? So here I go. Here are my goals:

LONG-TERM:
1. Become debt free in less than 3 1/2 years. (all credit cards, car, all student loans)
2. Buy a house with a 15 year mortgage.
3. Give birth to our first child....Coley will be his or her name. Named after my Grandma Polly Coley who was the sweetest woman I knew.
4. Become an administrator at an elementary school.

SHORT-TERM:
1. Get an elementary teaching job in the Quad Cities for the 2011-2012 school year.
2. Become healthier by eating the right foods and doing cardio and strength training at least 4 times a week.
3. Volunteer
4. Completely, 100 percent, staying on our budget each month.

These are my goals. I have printed them off and taped them on the side of my calendar, so I can be reminded of them every day. If you know me, I love lists and even more I love crossing things off that list.
What are your goals? Are you achieving them? 

Just my thoughts on this Thursday....tomorrow is Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment