FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Joining the GSC club

Sunday was a beautiful day here in the Quad Cities! It was cloudy but very warm. My mother in law and I were out shopping for a new rug for her living room when we saw an estate sale sign on the corner of the intersection. This sale had been going on since Friday and I said there probably wasn't a lot of good stuff left but we decided to follow the signs and see what we could find. JACKPOT! I have come to the realization that the stuff I find so awesome and cool, other people think is ugly and disgusting. This is what I found:
Two candle holders. I have plans of spray painting them heirloom white and removing those insertable candles holders. You probably don't remember but they match the scones I found in Fayetteville from this post. .50 cent each

This cute little table that opens for lots of storage. It was ONLY $3.00. It doesn't have cool features or lines but for 3 bucks it was going in the back of my car. I have plans of sanding and painting this piece, when I find a home for it.
Then yesterday I was catching up on all the updates on the blogs and I read and I came across this: GSC club! I thought, "I want to join, I want to join!" At that point I didn't even know what it stood for. GSC=Goodwill Stash Club! haha this totally describes me. I shop at Goodwill probably 2 or 3 times per week. These are my awesome finds yesterday after work:
Are you in love???? I absolutely love this unique, beautiful orange colored vase. One day, when my husband lets me buy a hutch I will fill it with this vase. 3.83



This my other Goodwill find! Does Spring come to mind? These three bushes are hot glued together. This decorative peice needs a little TLC. I'm going to paint the bushes a brighter green and paint the pots with an antique white, then scuff them up with some sand paper. $2.83

I'll be going again to Goodwill and I'll defintitely share my finds with you. I encourage you to visit your local Goodwill and Salvation Army! They are great organizations. 



No comments:

Post a Comment