FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Reason #289 why being a teacher is AWESOME....

Today during a writing mini lesson, one of my students came up with a fantastic story....literally one of his best since I took this special education teaching assignment 7 weeks ago. It's so rewarding to see how much children learn every day. For this particular writing session, I pulled out a writing block that is full of awesome writing topics. Some are silly, some are serious, it all depends on when he says stop! The writing block is full of thousands of writing combinations. So I just fan each section and let him tell me when to stop.  Here is the writing combination that the student stopped on today:
What if a doll/could fly/in a garden?

This is his writing response: (this an exact replica of his writing)

Once a doll stard to fly in a garden. The other dolls seid "wow how can you fly like that." She said "im not telling you." As she bragd the others stated to cry. As she flew away the others got a AA glue gun and they tried to shot her down. The doll whizd arond wiyley (while) the dolls tired to glue her. They missd 200 times. O the last shot, BLAP! The gathered her up. Then she was sent to the slammer.

Doesn't this just make your heart smile!?! He has come SO far and I couldn't be more proud of him and all my students. I'm really enjoying this long term guest teacher job. My last day is May 20th and let me tell ya, I'll be very sad. Tears will be streaming down my face. Until then I'm going to cherish every day I have left and pray to God everyday I get a job this next school year.

Have a great day friends!

2 comments:

  1. Why was she so secretive about her flying powers? Why did she get sent to jail? Did she do something wrong? Tell him to finish the rest of the story and I will gladly pay good money for it.

    ReplyDelete