FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Yes I'm organized!

Ever since graduate school I have been addicted to calendars and to-do lists. I live by them and if I didn't have them, my life would be chaos. So this afternoon after work, I decided to make one that isn't full of due dates and finance stuff. I wanted to make a cute and trendy calendar that I could use to schedule fun things that the hubs and I look forward to. Here is what I made:

Finish product with activities listed. How fun!
The materials that you need: One yard of burlap (JoAnn's has it for 2.00 bucks!)
                                           Scissors
                                           Masking tape
                                           Large picture frame
                                           (or a small frame if you want to reduce the size)
                                           Dry erase markers
                                           Black Sharpie Marker
Lay  the back of the picture frame on the burlap and cut around.

Fold the burlap over the edges. PULL TIGHT but not too tight :) Use masking tape to hold the edges down.

Use a black Sharpie to draw the month box and the calendars squares.
Use masking tape to adhere the letter on the burlap. Then take the whole piece and frame it like a picture.


And there you have it! It looks great on the wall once it's hung! Just in time for spring and summer. Jeff and I plan on taking lots of camping trips, so this calendar will come in handy all the time. :)

Enjoy the night!
Ally

1 comment:

  1. I love that! Very tempting to make - only I have a Pottery Barn one (from Craigslist) that I use now and hubby may think I'm nuts for making another. I'm actually coming to rely on Outlook more and more for scheduling, but the calendar is a great visual reminder for out of town guests and such!

    Thanks so much for stopping by the blog today and entering the giveaway. Such a sweet compliment - Hilary?! Clearly... you are the winner of the giveaway. Just playing. But, that was such a nice thing to say. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete