FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Friday, May 6, 2011

The Raid!





It happen around 10:30pm last night. I was driving home from babysitting my two God-daughters. It was completely dark outside. As I pulled into my driveway, I noticed the people across the street had some chairs outside in their trash pile. I immediately grabbed a flashlight and told my husband to get his shoes on.

Here's where the story gets really funny. So we headed out the front door to go raid our neighbor's trash and the hubs completely shuts the front door, which automatically locks. I turn around and say "Did you really just close that door?" Just one minute before that I said to him, "leave the door open and we will come through the front with the chairs." MEN! We were completely locked out of our house with no cell phones. We began to check all the windows. No luck. So I had to send the hubs over to our neighbors, who we just raided, to use their phone to call Mike and Beth (the in-laws) and have them bring us a key! At first, I was so mad, but I quickly got over it and we just laughed and laughed.

WOW all that mess just for these five beautiful but also nasty chairs! However FREE is awesome!  It was so much fun though running across the street, grabbing the chairs, and then trying not to let the passing cars see us! We were like little kids.

I have huge plans for these chairs. Paint and recover the seats! (did you see how yucky those seats were? I will definitely be using gloves).

No comments:

Post a Comment