FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Wagon Wheel

Headed down south to the land of the pines
And I'm thumbin' my way into North Caroline
Starin' up the road
Pray to God I see headlights

I made it down the coast in seventeen hours
Pickin' me a bouquet of dogwood flowers
And I'm a hopin' for Raleigh
I can see my baby tonight

So rock me mama like a wagon wheel
Rock me mama anyway you feel
Hey mama rock me
Rock me mama like the wind and the rain
Rock me mama like a south-bound train
Hey mama rock me
And I gotta get a move on before the sun
I hear my baby callin' my name
And I know that she's the only one
And if I die in Raleigh
At least I will die free

Reclaimed Wood "If I die in Raleigh, at least I will die free" Sign.

Wagon Wheel is one of my favorite songs of all time! It brings me back to the time I spent working on a dude ranch in Colorado.I remember singing this song every Saturday night at the "Hootenanny." SO FUN! Someone would play a banjo and I would play the tambourine. Oh the memories!  I loved that time of my life! I was so carefree and just loved making new friends in a new place. Colorado is a beautiful place.

I found this piece on ETSY and I knew I needed it for our new home in North Carolina! Reclaimed barn wood is just so beautiful and it looks great in every room.

-Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment