FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, June 4, 2012

Leaving Iowa.....

Only 3 days left in Iowa before making the move to Raleigh, NC. My heart is getting heavier every day.

This weekend my in-laws hosted a "Going Away" Party for Jeff and I. Before everyone arrived, Jeff and I had a moment in our bedroom. Of course, I was a basket case of emotions. When you leave your first home, it's so hard, but at the same time, you're so flipping excited to live somewhere else in the U.S. and have all these new adventures that you've been dreaming of your whole life. So when Jeff and I were talking, it was bittersweet. We cried and laughed. We went strolling down memory lane and talked about: moving from Chicago to the Quad Cities, the trials of finding new jobs, renting a house in the west end, raising our pup, not to mention the first year of marriage. When the first guest arrived, we were puffy eyed and ready to soak it all in. We wanted to truly cherish this time with all our friends and family. It was a wonderful time and we are so thankful for the relationships we've made over the last year and a half. To all the people who came out to see us off....THANK YOU! You all mean the world to us. Here are a few pictures of our friends and family.
Emily and Sara :)
Jeff and his brothers!
My precious God-daughter Addison Clare

Georgia and Scott Hanson.....the ultimate dog sitter.
Lola loves these guys so much.

Uncle Chuck and Aunt Nancy
Aunt Mary

The Evans.....two of the sweetest people I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment