FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hard Work on Skinny Pine Court

I just love the name of our cul-de-sac! Everyone laughs when they hear it....its brings a smile :)

This whole weekend was dedicated to the house. Shopping, painting, buying new furniture, more painting, organizing, and MORE painting. Our goal was to get the whole downstairs painted and WE DID IT! I always think painting is a piece of cake and we could whip out the whole house in a weekend. Not even close. So Jeff, being the guy he is and always putting things in perspective, made a goal of finishing the downstairs.

Picking out paint colors for the living room and dining room took me a month to do. I knew in my head what I wanted, but I kept second guessing myself. The living room is painted Whyte Blue by Sherman Williams and the Dining Room is painted Retreat by Benjamin Moore. These two colors are to die for. I'm absolutely in love with the way it turned out

On another note, buying furniture for a four bedroom house is expensive. We have company coming on October 11th and we must have a dining room table. Of course, I went straight to Craigslist. I found a beautiful antique table for on 300 bucks! It needs alot of work but I will love it. I'm going to paint it and re-upholstery the seat cushion. More on that later! :)


Living Room Before
Living Room Color After


Dining Room Before
Dining Room After. Craigslist table. Look at the structure of those chairs. Going to add 2 wicker chairs on the ends to make a table for six.

No comments:

Post a Comment