FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Greetings from Arkansas

Hey ya'll! I'm writing to you guys from my parent's home in Nashville, Arkansas. It's a small town of about 5,000 people. I have been here since Saturday and loving every single moment of being here in the wide open air with no worries (well maybe one....interview on June 1st). I love the country life. This morning I got up around 9:00 am to find my daddy burning limbs in our huge fire pit. I joined him. It was just a perfect way to start the day. My mom of course was in the kitchen fixing a delicious breakfast. It's so nice just spending quality time with my family.

My parents are garden growing people. Currently they are growing tomatoes, squash, broccoli, potatoes, okra, and cucumbers. YUMMY! Yesterday I helped my mom dig up some potatoes for lunch. I captured some pictures:

potato plant

using a shovel to dig them up. excuse my clothing and my face and hair.

straight from the ground

Lola decided she would help us!

I just love this one.


frying the potatoes in a cast iron skillet for lunch.


Just a few more days to spend with my family. I'm leaving Saturday night around 8pm. :( I will be sad but I'm missing my sweetness and I look forward to seeing him on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment