FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's 2012!

Wow! I can't believe it's been since August 20th since I have last posted anything on here. However, I think I do have an excuse......I started teaching and that has taken a lot of my time. I can't believe I'm half way done with my first year of teaching already. The year has truly flown by but I am enjoying every minute of it. Teaching is definitely the job for me.

Since it's the new year, one of my resolutions is to start blogging again and to start doing more projects. I find myself too busy on the weekends even to think about what I would like to tackle. I want to start taking time for myself and slowing down. My plans are to start relaxing more and enjoying naps, reading time on my couch, an afternoon dedicating to sewing, or just watching a really old chick flick movie on a Sunday afternoon. In the words of one of my favorite country singers, Dierks Bentley "I'm ready for a slow down". On Fridays, when I'm winding down in my classroom, I don't want to have to rush home because we have plans or we have to be somewhere else right away. I want this year to be filled with weekends of NOTHING to do. I want to enjoy the walls of my home. I want to enjoy the things I have inside my home.

My second resolution for 2012 is to carry a purse everyday. I am fully aware that this seems weird to most people, but I have never been known to carry one. I usually just carry a wristlet or a small clutch/wallet. Carrying a purse does have it benefits: a key pocket, a phone pocket, touch up makeup holder, and the most important thing for me is that all of those things are in one place. For being such an organized person, I'm surprised it has taken me this long.

What are your resolutions? Can we keep them for 365 days? I'm going to try really hard to blog, carry my purse, and of course become more healthy (resolutions are completely without this one)

No comments:

Post a Comment