FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Motivation....Where does it come from?

As I begin my weight loss journey this year, I'm always asking myself where does motivation come from? Did God give athletes an extra "umph" of motivation that allows them to achieve what they do? Can I have an athlete mentality? One thing I'm really good at is being completely up front and honest with myself.  Here are two facts that I have come to terms with: 1) this eating healthy and exercise is a life-long process, and 2) motivation is something I will have to dig down deep and find and manifest in my mind.

To help conquer my weight loss quest, I have found an amazing app on my iphone that helps me keep count of my calories. It's called "my fitnesspal." It's wonderful. I put in how much weight I want to lose and by what date. Then the app calculates how much calories I should been eating each day. With this app, I always think of Carrie Underwood. She once said in an interview that way she maintains her weight is keeping a food diary. This is exactly what I'm doing!

I'm the type of person that leaves inspirational sayings/quotes all over my house that will remind me to exercise and make good choices about my food intake. This is my favorite this week!

Pinned Image

As I click "publish post" on my computer, I'm getting my tennis shoes on and jumping on the elliptical to burn some calories. I will earn my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment