FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, June 11, 2012

Writing from Raleigh.....

Jeff, Lola and I have made it to Raleigh. Today was our first full day here together as a family and I have to admit I was lonely and missing home. Last night after hauling my new washer and dryer up 3 flights of stairs, we decided to head over to Red Lobster and have a nice dinner. As soon as I slid in the booth, big alligator tears welled up in my eyes and I was balling like a baby.  It all came crashing down on me.....we have moved, we don't know anyone, and I don't have a full time job. I know it takes time to meet new people and begin new friendships, but right now, I'm feel anxious and afraid.

So this morning, I woke up and started getting busy putting the apartment together. It was a disaster and everything needed to find a spot.  I always love decorating a new space. It's therapy for me and today I needed it. I spent the entire day organizing every room and storing away items we don't need while living in the apartment. After a couple of hours, the apartment looks like home. It's very homey and cozy, just like I like it. Of course to make the space even better, I purchased a few new items that I'm crazy about.


Mercury glass vases from Marshall's.
 Put these on my bathroom counter.

This picture doesn't do this new shower curtain justice.
It's the prettiest thing I have ever seen. Now if I could just paint my apartment walls. That would make this curtain pop!




New Lantern from PD's in Franklin, TN

Can you guest what this is? I don't want to spoil it yet. I need to do
some sewing before I reveal sometime this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment